Sunday, April 20, 2008

Update on Cole

Hello all. Well, I'm back home. Cole had his surgery this afternoon and is doing much better. His fever has been much better, only around 100 and the doctors say the surgery went well. Withing a half hour he had a 9 oz bottle, his biggest ever and was itching to get down and crawl around. They disconected the IV this afternoon and he was starting oral antibiotics. Hopefully he will be able to go home tomorrow. My mom came in this afternoon and tonight she's doing a major cleaning and sanitizing of the house and toys. Everything has to be washed or scrubbed down to make sure he doesn't get reinfected. What a scary time, but fortunately he'll be just fine. Thank God!!! Thank you to all of you for your prayers.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Oh I'm behind on my blog reading, so just saw this - I'm so glad that he's ok and will keep him in my prayers that he continues to recover.

Kristi said...

So glad they found it quickly enough,. I have no doubt that with your mom on the job, you could eat off of any surface for a month and not find a germ anywhere.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so sad to read about your sweet baby nephew. But I'm glad he's on the way to recovery.