WEll, it's day 8 and things are still going pretty well. Today he protested a little bit, but still got ready when I started the timer. After school he insisted on not wearing his coat home, but carried it without protest and got all wet since it's raining here today. He's starting to push it a little bit, but he's still technically following the rules. I'm not forcing the issue yet, but we're going to hit a wall soon I"m sure. Truthfully I"m surprised it's gone so well up to now. Here's hoping for a little blow out now a major blow up. Have a great day!
4 comments:
I'm impressed that you got him to walk in the rain. Way to go, Mom!
Sounds like things are going well so far - I hope he keeps it up for you! :)
Yes, he's going to test the limits eventually, all kids do. Stand firm! You're doing a great job and he will thank you for it!
Thanks for the encouragement on the closet situation. I think it's a hopeless case.
As far as Dylan goes, I think most kids respond best to having clear boundaries. It's more work for the parents to begin with, but works out so much better in the end.
Nice job!
Post a Comment