Friday, April 11, 2008

More Rain Drama






Well so far this has been a lovely spring. I think winter was much less eventful. So, let's see. The roof appears to have stopped dripping and the ceiling seems to be drying and no there was no collapse. So, not the end of the world since the kitchen ceiling needed painted anyway.




So, then this morning I glance out the dining room window and see a green swing leg sticking up where it doesn't belong. I walk away and think, that was weird and walk back. And see our swing has blown over the rail and off the deck onto the flowerbed below. A very strange sight I have to say. So I call my hubby and he says try to set it up so it doesn't break any further and we'll deal with it later. Oh, and take a few pictures. So I go out in the rain, since it's not supposed to end any time soon, and take pictures and tip the thing up on it's feet. I just hope it doesn't tip any farther into the fire pit. What a week. So here are the pictures.

So this is where the swing is supposed to sit. If you look close you can see the feet in the air right on the other side of the rail


Don't adjust your set. Yes the swing is upside down. Yikes!

I"m not sure how it got over the rail, but the wind must have been really strong to do that.
I kind of think we should leave the swing right here. I nice view of the firepit and backyard. Or, maybe not. I'm ready for this weather to end. And maybe an end to the drama for a few days.
Happy Spring!?

3 comments:

Deb said...

Rain or not, you have a very pretty yard! I hope the swing is salvageable. :)

Kristi said...

Wow, that must have been a huge wind to knock it clear off the deck.

daisy said...

You're having quite a spring, aren't you? How frustrating. But I agree with Deb. The view is great. :)