I thought it was only fair that I do a blog on my oldest son Alex. Alex is 6 years old and in Kindergarten. He's a great little boy and a very hard worker. The best description of him is a people pleaser. He's always working hard and hates it when he's corrected for anything at all.
He's also my sensitive child. He's very aware of other people's feelings and is frequently reduced to tears by life's ups and downs. His teacher also says he's always a nice boy and is choosing other nice boys to be friends with. In other words he's my easy boy. I think that's why I get so frustrated with Dylan, Alex has always been so easy.
In the picture above he was wearing his glasses from his Halloween costume
to decorate Christmas cookies. Now the glasses would make you think Harry Potter, but no he
dressed up as Jack from the Magic Tree house books. He absolutely loves to read and has astonished me by reading the Magic Tree house books independently.
At Christmas we always do a 1000 piece puzzle. Alex loved helping and was pretty good at it.
Alex's school had crazy hair day for Spirit week. So we painted it blue. Boy was that fun!
Alex loves his cousin Cole (9 months) and can frequently be found entertaining him. And Cole thinks Alex is absolutely hysterical.So that's my post about my big kid Alex. Who never ceases to amaze me.
3 comments:
Yes, Alex is indeed the perfect child. You are very lucky.
Abby is loving to read too - it's so much fun to watch them become literate and how amazed they are when words start making sense. Way to go, Alex! :)
My oldest is the sensitive one, too. Diva is also in Kindergarten and just today I had a note that she did not listen a couple times in class. I decided to discuss it with her very gently and she still cried a lot. I told her she wasn't in trouble and we can't learn without making mistakes and she just needs to work on it. But it still made me feel bad she was crying. I wished I'd have kept my mouth shut. I can't believe he helps with 1000 piece puzzles! Diva really enjoys 100 piece but I figured larger puzzles would be too complex. Also, I can't leave the bigger ones out for a long time with Peanut around.
Wow, didn't mean to get into a book here. Sorry. Alex sounds like a great boy! Love the glasses.
Post a Comment