Well, 2 days down. I've been following the dr's advise and am giving Dylan 10 minutes to get his shoes and coat on in the morning. We've been ready in record time the last 2 days. YIPEEEE! Now I'm just waiting for the bad day I just know is coming. I figure either today or tomorrow I'm going to be putting him in the car with no shoes and a major screaming fit going on. I sure hope I'm wrong.
3 comments:
Keep up the good work. Try to ride the tantrum the best you can. You CAN do it.
A recent friend told me you just have to be John Wayne about this stuff. Get an "I don't care attitude" and give NO reaction. WAY easier said than done. Sometimes I can do it and sometimes I feed off their bad mood! Just remember, we're all behind you!
It's usually a 3 steps forward, 1 step back kind of thing, I think. But just stay strong and consistent and you'll get there. :)
I'm really curious how he does with this, because I think we'll be going through the same thing with Becca at some point. Sigh...
Post a Comment