Ok, so Dylan and I have been working really hard the last few weeks to really find a way to end some of the problems we've been having. Both attitude and behavior. The timer has continued to work great and he loves to beat both it and me out the door in the morning. He also had a major milestone last night. I said no TV when he didn't finish his dinner and he turned the TV on anyways. So, I looked at him and very firmly said turn that off. So, he turned it off, but then slammed down the remote. He then proceeded into a major temper tantrum, but then he picked up his blankie and headed into his bedroom where he managed to get himself under control. So it was still a major behavior moment, but he listened when I told him no and he's learning to remove himself when he's losing control so I counted it as a major achievement. Of course then dad stepped in to scold him when I had just said how proud I was of him that he got himself under control without any help from me that didn't help things. We need to work on getting on the same page on how we handle things.
On a personal note I'm having a really good week this week. My big concert at church was Sunday and it went really well. I'm just really glad it's all over. It was a TON of work and I spent most of the weekend at church. Have I said yet how glad I am that it's over. Between that and the fact that the sun is finally back out makes it a good week.
2 comments:
Oh I know - Ron and I don't see eye to eye a lot of the time. It drives both of us nuts. I'm glad that things are going so well with Dylan! :)
I agree, it was a major accomplishment. I also know how you feel about your hubby. It drives me crazy. I always wait till the kids are out of earshot to address it with him, though. That is when I think it's necessary, sometimes I just let him handle it. My way may be the right way ;-) but you gotta let them do something once in a while!
Post a Comment