Saturday, April 5, 2008

Is it Over Yet?

Well here it is 9:00 on Saturday and I'm really ready to send ALex back to school again. My boys have been fighting since school let out yesterday. It started with the lego racer that Dylan bought yesterday with his birthday money. First they were fighting over who could use it, then last night Alex launched it across the room and broke one of the pieces. Of course with the thousands of legos we have you'd think we would have that one piece, but no we told ALex he had to buy Dylan a new set today and that therefore he would not have enough money to buy his Pokemon game for his gameboy that he's been waiting for. That prompted 45 minutes of heartbroken sobs. Fortunately I finally found a piece that works and all was right with the world by bedtime.

Then we started the day with don't sit next to me your shirt smells funny. Mommy make him move. All from Dylan my child with the sensitive nose that is the only one in the house that can smell the chocolate in the shirts that grandma and grandpa brought from FL that are dyed with real chocolate.


Can I go back to bed now? Of course it's made all the better by this nagging thought in the back of my head that there's something going on this weekend that I've forgotten about and we're going to miss something big. Anyways have a good weekend everyone.
Then still at breakfast it was all out war over looks. YOu know the old He's looking at me routine. Of course Alex ended it by hitting Dylan. Such a delightful way to start the day.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

It must be in the moons...my boys have been fighting ever since school let out yesterday. this morning I finally let Noah go sit with his Leapster for awhile just for some peace for a few minutes. Why don't they just love each other?

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Oh yeah! I'm not alone. My older two girls fight all - the - time! It drives me crazy. I love Monday when I can send them all back to school. I'm looking forward to next year when Diva is in school all day instead of 1/2 day kindergarten. Does this make me a bad mommy?

bethn said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. My youngest is going to 1/2 4K next year and I'm already counting the days. Not a bad mommy just one that enjoys her space!

Deb said...

Abby and Hannah do that too - everything is a competition. They're either fighting over who gets to go 'first' or who has to go 'first', LOL. I have to admit that there are days that I'm glad to be at work. Sigh.