Thursday, May 8, 2008

Healthy eating

So, tonight I decided to make home made spaghetti sauce. Since I joined weight watchers I noticed that the store bought spaghetti sauce had a ton of points, sugar, and sodium. Hence the homemade spaghetti sauce. Well, it was only 1 point and was pretty good. I think I'll have to make some changes, it didn't quite taste the way I wanted it to. If anyone has any ideas to help me out that would be great!!!

Also this week I tried making tacos with Ground Turkey instead of Hamburger. It was actually pretty good. I even had a lot of helpers making dinner. Alex was helping to brown the meat and mix in the taco seasoning. Dylan has also been big on helping in the kitchen lately. The other night he refused to eat because hedidn't help set the table. So, like any good mother Ifound something that he could put on the table. Anything to get him to eat. Last night he actually completely set the table by himself. He's really been interested in helping me out a lot lately.

His behavior has really improved with this new helpfulness. He loves to be useful and will help me with anything I ask almost anytime. I'm learning that all I have to do to get him to cooperate is find something that he can help with.

My other big event this week is my lovely wrist injury. I hurt on the trampoline on Sunday, no not jumping, although I did that. I hurt myself trying to put it together. When I said on Sunday that I was going to be sore on Monday, I wasn't kidding. I could barely bend my wrist and couldn't lift anything. Now I"m a little better, but it still hurts. I sure hope it gets better soon.

Well, it's 8:45 and I can hear my kids bouncing around upstairs. So, I'd better go referee. Have a good night!

2 comments:

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

I know this is totally un-Italian, but my mom puts chili powder in her spaghetti sauce. I don't know if that affects the points.

I CANNOT eat ground turkey. I cannot cook with it, it grosses me out. I can taste the difference and frankly comparing to leaner ground beef, I don't see the advantage unless you use ground turkey breast. Just me but I'd rather eat dirt. I know a lot of people like it, though. Sorry, that's probably not very helpful.

Kristi said...

I am so sorry you hurt your wrist. Hope you had a great Mother's Day. I will write you later to share my interesting one.