Monday, May 19, 2008

A Busy Weekend






Well it was quite the weekend around here. First and most important the boys sang in church for faith development (sunday school). I was totally blown away by how well they both did. Alex paid attention and sang, he even did the motions. If you read my earlier post you know how much I hate it that he is fidgety while singing. On one of the songs he was so into the song and the words. His whole body was moving to the music. WHat an amazing thing to see. Dylan also sang and actually knew all of the words and sang them. He has never actually sung when he was in the front of the church. Usually he stands there and watches everyone else. Of course it helped that there were over 100 other kids up there with him.




This weekend we also listed some furniture for sale on Craig's list. Since we're moving my folks next weekend we'll have new stuff so we needed to get rid of the old stuff. The "fun" part was bringing it all up to the garage. I'm such a total wimp that Mark had to do most of it himself.
NOw here is where the chair got stuck, because I said that we shouldn't take the door off yet. Bad idea on my part.
Then we had to stop at the top of the stairs and wait while Mark tried to squeeze behind it to take the bolts out so the door would come off. Now of course you'd think we'd learn and have all of the doors off when we came up with the couch, but no we didn't think of that and got stuck in the door on the way to the garage. We had to stop so he could take that door off too. ARen't we smart.
We sold the couch already, but the lady that bought it didn't have room in her car for the couch so she took the cushions and left the couch in our garage until Wed. It's starting to feel like a furniture store in the garage.
Here's a picture that Alex took of daddy behind the door trying to get the bolts out.
This weekend Mark got the most work done. He trimmed some pine trees, finished building the supports for my garden. Took the laundry tub out of the garage. Among other things. Of course with my concert on Saturday I spent most of the day inside doing paper work and light things. I forgot my wrist brace for rehearsal on Friday and by the end it hurt so bad. So, on Saturday I did stuff on the computer for work so I could give my wrist a break. More about the concert later this week.
Or maybe I stayed inside because it was so cold here this weekend and I had no desire to be outside in the cold. It's the same today. I know I should be out there weeding, but I think I'll stay inside and clean and finish up some stuff for work so when the weather finally warms up I'll be able to get out and do that stuff.
Oh yeah I almost forgot the last picture. THis would be the garage furniture store. Have a great week!

No comments: