Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Busy Weekend






So this has been an amazingly busy, crazy weekend. I'm still reeling from it all. The first thing and probably the big milestone would be that Dylan finished preschool last week. Here is a picture of him with his teacher. He had a fabulous year and is doing so much better.
That was on Thursday morning. THen we went to Alex's afternoon concert. I'll post a video when I have a chance. Then since on Wed night we decided to leave on THursday and stay in a hotel halfway there I had a lot of packing to do. After Alex's evening concert we went to DQ to get an ice cream treat. Then we got in the car and headed to Indianna and the hotel. We got to the hotel about 1:00 am. After we got some sleep, we got up and let the boys swim for a while.
NOw I have to say we have no pictures of this weekends trip. My mom didn't really seem to want us to take pictures. So my sister in law and I didn't take any pictures. Going back to our weekend. On Friday morning after our swim we got in the car and headed to good old Wooster, OH. Once we got to Wooster we spent Friday going through a bunch of stuff that my mom had saved for us. After some friendly rivalry between my brother and I over grades. WE managed to get through most of the stuff. Actually he did and I brought most of mine home. I have 2 boxes of my grandma's old stuff to go through. I'll just add that to the list of stuff to do.
ON Saturday I got up only to find out Brian and Marcella had taken my nephew Cole to the ER at 4:30. He had a double ear infection. By 6:oo am we were already getting stuff ready to load and then we started loading a truck with all of the furniture and boxes that were coming with us, then all of the stuff going with my brother and SIL, then all of mom and dad's stuff. It was a crazy hectic day. After that we drove to the lake to start unloading. We unloaded all of mom and dad's stuff and then had a little time to relax.
ON Sunday we hung out at the house and then headed to Chicago to drop off Brian and Marcella's stuff. After that we went to dinner and headed home.
Then on Monday we spent time unloading all of the stuff we brought home with us. These pictures are of my Mark and our old neighbor Mark trying to get the computer desk into the basement, guess what it didn't fit. Of course trying to bring it up my Mark hurt his back and has been limping around ever since. Now we have to try to sell the desk and get a new one. It's a shame since it's a gorgeous desk.
The rest of the new stuff looks great in the house. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.
MOm and dad had the auction house come yesterday to get rid of the rest of the things they couldn't use and the auction is tomorrow. It's a relief to have all of that done. Mom said tomorrow they're taking the day off to relax and then continue trying to fit everything in their smaller house.
As for me I"m just glad the weekend is over. It'll take me some time to recover from the lack of sleep and crazy schedule. We didn't celebrate the holiday very much, but it was nice to see my family again.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I still remember them building the big house. I can't believe they moved out of it so soon.

Deb said...

WOW. That does sound like a busy weekend! :)

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

I'm exhausted just reading about it! Glad you survived it.