Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend top 5 - an uneventful weekend.



Okay how sad is that I don't have a single picture of anything we did this weekend. It was totally uneventful, but very nice. Except for Mark having to work Saturday until 4:00 and then from home until 2:00 am. He is really working and stressing way too much right now.

5. On Friday it was cold and snowy so after I spent 45 minutes shoveling our driveway I started a fire in the fire place and curled up in my new chair with a book and enjoyed the fire for the afternoon. Not my usual stellar use of time, but a much needed break after geting some worriesome news from Dylan's teacher. Oh, the cats sat with me all afternoon and enjoyed the fire also.

4. Saturday morning was Dylan's first swim class ever. However I overslept and didn't get up until 8:10 and we had to leave by 8:35 to get to the swim class with time to get Dylan ready. Did I mention I didn't have the swim stuff packed and couldn't find my camera. Oh, and neither boy was fed or dressed so I was rushing them to get ready and find all the stuff and get them there. We got Dylan in and ready by 9:01 and the class wasn't even in the water yet.

3. Alex had to sit through the lesson because I couldn't get him in his class. The good news is that on Sunday afternoon we got a call from the Y saying that they had room for him in the class that is right after Dylan's. It worked out so well.

2. I had to do a temple talk at church before 3 of the 4 services. I hate talking in front of people, especially from the pulpit in church. It went ok and I am so glad that it's over.

1. Last night was our staff Christmas party, yes we have it in January. We're all too busy to squeeze it in during December. It was a ton of fun, good food, good friends, and a baby sitter. Who can ask for a better end to the weekend.

So, that was my somewhat uneventful weekend. Check out other Weekend top 5 posts over at The Wheels are Rolling.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I had a lazy picture weekend too?

Hey, is your spring break moved or is it still the week after Easter?