Thursday, June 12, 2008

Weather fun?

Well if you've been watching the news the last few days WI has been mentioned a lot. We have tons of flooding in the area. OUr neighbor accross the street had a flooded basement. We have been so lucky that we haven't had water yet. Then if you missed the news in the Dells a whole Lake disappeared, yes disappeared. The shore gave way and it drained into the WI river taking several houses with it.
On Saturday night we were in the basement for a while with the tornado sirens going off. On Sunday we lost power for several hours.

So now what's happening you, you guessed it more rain. They said this morning if we get 1 more inch we would pass our record for rain in the whole summer, let alone June. This is vaguely reminiscent of our record levels of snow fall. Anyways, it's been raining for about the last 3 hours very hard, so I'm betting we've made yet another record. Hey the upside though is, it's filling our little pool for us for free. What a way to save money.

Well I'd better go. I want to shut the computer off since it's lightning right over head and we've already lost one computer to a lightning strike. Hope the weathers better where you are.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm g;ad you guys came out okay. We were wondering when we saw Wisconsin get hit so hard. I wonder how Chris is making out.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's kinda scary. I hope you guys stay safe!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Hope things have cleared up around there -- those tornadoes are so scary!