Tuesday, June 24, 2008

VBS day 3





Well here it is Tuesday night and the end of the third day of bible school. We had a great day! It was busy as usual. Dylan was fighting about going and wearing the T-shirt, but once we got there he had a ton of fun.


This picture is of him laying on the floor protesting the t-shirt and announcing he wasn't going to VBS. He also really doesn't like the Chadder videos. In the morning one he watches, but in the evening he hides his head on my lap.


Alex also had a blast and is making some new friends. He was also helping me lead the evening group tonight. He wanted to practice before we started and was standing up right next to me to lead all of the songs.


This picture is of some of the kids in the morning group. They were waiting for me to start the music so they could sing what a great group of kids. This year I have a group of boys in the 6th grade that are really stepping up to help out and be real leaders. Bible school definitely brings out the best in the kids. I just finished blowing up my 250 balloons for tomorrow. I bought some bigger ones because I'm not sure if the little ones would have filled up the beaker. I hope these work, otherwise I'll have to put some bigger balloons in the middle to make it look more full.








This is our VBS periodical chart. Look close at the abreviations. Isn't that a clever idea. Anyways, I should go it's late and I have to be up early tomorrow.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

That periodical chart is pretty cool. We did away with the puppets/characters all together last year and we are doing the same this year. It seems as if that is the only time that the kids get completely restless. Glad you're still having a fun time.

Anonymous said...

I just realized you were doing Power Lab! We just got finished doing it last week...it was a blast.

That's a great idea about the periodical chart!

AHA!

Marcella said...

Glad to hear VBS is going so well, it sounds like so much fun! I'm sure you are wearing all those kids out, including your own.