Well I finally had to break down and put the two boys in separate rooms. They've been asking off and on for the last month or so and I've been fighting it. The last few weeks one of the boys has been sleeping in the spare room for a variety of reasons and that has made me think about splitting them. I was just having a hard time giving up on having a guest room.
I really enjoyed choosing the quilt and colors for the room and making curtains and I wasn't very excited about making it a bos room, although at least the colors work for a boys room. However, I've been debating it a lot the last few weeks. Having an empty room with a bed that gets used once in a blue moon didn't seem like a good use of the space. So, I spent all day yesterday moving all of Alex's clothes into his new room and rearanging Dylan's to make the best use of his space.
I had an antique dresser in the guest room so we had to find a place for it in the basement since we The cool roman shades that I made couldn't get rid of it.
Family heirloom and all.
And then my brother was getting rid of the dresser they had been using so we brought it back from Chicago on Sunday so we didn't have to buy another dresser. That really helped out. Now I have everything moved I just have to get some shelves and things to put his stuff on and
figure out what I was going to do with all of his books and stuff. I'm going to hit goodwill today and see what I can find. I also had to find places for all of the blankets, sheets and towels I was keeping in his closet. I'm making progress, but still need to figure out some new places to put things. Although, that's the easy part. The worst is done, but I'll be glad when it's all over. THe boys however are enjoying sleeping in their own rooms and it's after 8:00 and Dylan is still sleeping which is a very good thing.
I love the colors in the room. The picture
above the bed is a picture of my grandparents old house.
A work in progress. I have a ton of stuf to deal with.
3 comments:
Wow! that was a big tackle. Here is mine.
I'm sure he will appreciate all this hard work you're doing to make a special space just for him! What a nice mommy you are! :)
After all that disagreement about the fabric for the valance. LOL I think it was only a matter of time before Alex wanted his own space and you guys have a huge basement for when people come to visit. I will probably never attempt to put the boys back together again. Noah sleeps way better than he ever did before.
Post a Comment