Monday, June 2, 2008

Helper boys!





We got 5 yds of dirt delivered to make my garden and a base for last year's pool. The boys enjoyed helping dad to move the dirt. Alex got to use the big shovel to fill the wheelbarrow.




















Dylan loved helping mom fill the pots with plants and then add the soil to cover them. Notice I said soil, not dirt. Dylan insists that we call it soil. He's turning into quite the little gardener.





Yesterday I was planting in all of the flower beds and Dylan was helping me quite a bit. He was planting some of the plants all by himself. He's even pretty gentle with the plants. And he's taking great pride in knowing that he helped to plant them.



















Here is another lovely picture of mom and Dylan planting pots. I love to try different things in all of my pots. In a few weeks I'll post some pictures of how they look when they get a little bigger. Right now they look a little puny. I'm a big fan of buying the smallest size as possible so I can watch them grow.





























Check out the little shovel and gloves. We're seriously decked out to work.



The funniest part of the work is that while he was resting in his room yesterday he kept yelling out his window. "Mommy, you're not planting all of the plants yet. Mommy, are there still plants for me to plant? Mommy, wait for me, I want to help."






Look at the difference in shovel size. I think Dylan's getting the short end of the stick with that tiny shovel. Or maybe it's Alex since he had to work harder with his. Either way they both were a big help and enjoyed a little bit of the planting.


2 comments:

Kristi said...

Boy it's been a long road from when they were little and refused to touch anything dirty. What wonderful little helpers.

Marcella said...

Looks like everyone had a good time