Well the second day of VBS is over. We're doing Power Lab this year and the kids are having a blast! Last night was the kick off and we had so many people that we completely ran out of chairs. I couldn't believe so many people were there. As of church yesterday we had 250 kids signed up and there are always last minute people that sign up so I don't know how many we wound up with. We have such a great time. It gets really loud and exciting. I do the music and opening and closing time. I love doing it, but after two days I'm already starting to lose my voice. I usually get more and more croaky as every day goes on. I wish I could take more pictures, but I'm busy leading music.
Tonight we had the biggest group ever for our evening VBS. It's really exciting to see that group growing too. Yes we have two times for our VBS so I get to do everything twice each day. It's exhausting, but I really love it.
Of course today I got home and slept for most of the afternoon. I was totally wiped out. Fortunately the kids were just as tired and were content to just relax around the house.
This evening Mark and I also got to blow up 250 tiny balloons for our challenges. Having the kids blow them up during music didn't really work for me so we sat and used a couple of pumps to blow them up. My fingers are really sore. The things we do for our kids.
Speaking of the kids thy are having a blast. They are doing cool science projects and learning the bible point and loving every minute of it. Alex is with the big kids for the first time and thinks it's "totally cool". Check out the couple of pictures I did get of Alex. The balloon had a nut in it and when you roll it, it makes a cool noise. Alex was clearly very excited. More VBS news tomorrow.
1 comment:
It looks like they (and you) are having a blast. Power Lab is huge around here this year but we are doing a different one in a few weeks. Take care of that voice.
Post a Comment