I love Christmas, I really, really do, but this week feels totally crazy. More than usual.
I have to admit today is my birthday. Not that any celebrating is going to be happening.
OK prepare yourself for the whining. I'm tired and a little crabby. So here's my schedule from this week.
Wed. night Choir
Thursday night funeral
Tonight 2 funerals and the Birthday party for Jesus which I"m now doing music for since Karen is playing for one of the funerals.
Tomorrow choir rehearsal
Sunday choir program at all 3 services
Sunday night choir CHristmas program
Then we have next week with preschool rehearsals and the preschool christmas program, 4 K (Dylan's class) rehearsals and christmas program. Yes I'm doing the program for Dylan's class. His teacher called me last week to see if I would put one together and since I"m so good (ha, ha) at saying no I'm doing that next friday.
Then if that's not enough. The staff from church 15 is going over for lunch next Tuesday, oh and we mustn't forget that Dylan has his 2 friends coming over for lunch you guessed it next Tuesday. I kind of double booked myself. And last, but not least my church circle is coming here on Thursday for the cookie exchange.
Somewhere in there of course we need to fit in baking cookies, frosting cookies and important family things.
am I overwhelmed, oh just a little. I keep reminding myself that once I get through this weekend it'll be a cake walk.
Of course I also haven't started my Christmas letter yet either. I am thinking that with 3 funerals this week and all of the other stuff going on I'm going to choose to write a New Year's letter. At least that'll take a little pressure off. It's hard to be creative when you're totally overwhelmed by everything going on. We'll see.
OK whining over. at least this year I"m not fighting the overwhelming depression like I was last year. If I was dealing with that too I think I'd be falling apart.
1 comment:
Deb and I were talking tonight about how neither one of us had gotten our cards out this year yet and that we have received so many fewer an in recent years. I think the whole world is behind right now. I like the idea of New Year's Letters.
Besides, don;t your cats usually write the letters? Get those cats to work! LOL
Post a Comment