Ok so at the risk of embarassing Alex. I have to share a conversation we had last night.
Alex asked me if he could have K over for a playdate on Saturday and that they would be in his room with the door closed so they could have some privacy. My reaction was the same as any sane mom of a 1st grader, playdate, yes, in room, no.
Then he tells me they would be in the basement, but they would still need privact so they could k-i-s-s. (yes he spelled it). When asked why they needed to kiss he said that she was his girlfriend and they needed to "get it over with". I guess it's the thing in his class for boys and girls to kiss these days. So, now I have to get to the bottom of the kissing thing. Not something I thought I'd have to deal with in 1st grade. Maybe 2nd, but never 1st. I'm so not ready for this.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, I can't even believe it! What a stud
Once again, so strange. Noah woke me up with the question this morning, "Mommy, do people HAVE to kiss when they get married." I told him no and he said, "Good, that's a relief."
I'll be eager to hear how the playdate goes.
Post a Comment