Monday, August 25, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday #5






This weekend we tackled a few of our outdoor projects. Right now there are too many to even begin to list them all. But here are the ones we got
done.
First we spent all afternoon cleaning out this area. When we started it was full of branches, seedlings, small trees, buckthorn bushes ( which are an invasive weed in our area), and a lot of dead day lillies. So we pulled out all of the overgrowth, and bushes. We also tried to kill the buckthorn, hopefully this time we might have actaully gotten rid of it. Up till now every time we've tried it's just come right back. Although for now at least it looks much better. Hopefully in the spring we'll be able to get some other plants planted in there and some mulch to make it look better.
I also finally finished my chair. I bought an adirondak chair to finish. While I was in Minnesota mom and the boys did some of the handprints and when I got back we did the other flowers and I did the greenery. It's been sitting in the garage for weeks and I finally put on a couple of coats of sealer to protect it outside. Doesn't it look nice in my garden? I can't wait to sit and read in it.





We also spent some time cleaning up one of the front flower beds. The bed right here is one that we haven't done much with yet. Lots of weeds and very over grown. We have a ton of beds that look like this. Our goal is to get as much as possible cleared out this fall so we can plant in the spring without spending lots of time clearing out first. It's quite a job, but yesterday was a beautiful cool day and perfect for pulling out lots of junk. Maybe next Tuesday I'll be able to show some after pictures of this area.

No comments: