Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Animal fun part 2

As I got ready to post my WW for this week I realized that I never explained last weeks post. While we were in OH we went to the "African Safari" It's a type of zoo where you drive through the animal areas and can feed them out of the windows. They have food and carrots that you can buy to feed the animals. There were deer, llamas, buffalo or bison (I'm not sure which they were) and a ton of other animals. The kids liked watching the animals, but weren't sure about having the animals heads inside the car.
Cole didn't know what to think.

This llama was loving being petted. It was so weird to pet such unusual animals. I learned that the horns were covered with velvet. They were so soft.


When we saw this Yak we decided that windows closed was probably the best choice. He didn't look very friendly did he. And he was as big as a car.

Dylan loved looking out the windows at the animals and dropping the foot out the window.

Cole got a "kiss". We never did figure out what these animals were, but there were a lot of them and they were the most aggressive animals there. They'd just stick as much of their body in the car as possible to get to the food.
The buffalo from last weeks post also stuck they're heads in the car, but they drool. It was totally gross. I had buffalo drool all over the steering wheel and me. Not to mention all over the outside of the car. That was the only part that grossed me out. The rest was cool. Like this llama (Alpaca? it's kind of hard to tell from the head)
He was a pretty nice fella.


Alex didn't like getting that close to the animals. He wound up moving to the back of the car. And in case you're wondering with all the animals wandering around the car I never went more than about 2 MPH so it was completely safe for the kids to be unbuckled.

Dylan was so excited by the whole thing.



This is my brother Brian petting a giraffe. There were also zebras, but we weren't close enough to touch them.

At the very end they had some other animals in cages to look at. Then the boys got to go on a pony ride and a camel ride. They loved the camel ride! All in all it was a super great morning and a great experience for the kids.

No comments: