Friday, July 25, 2008

A week away

Hello all. It's been a while. I almost hate to look at my reader. I'm sure it will be full of unread posts. This is the first time I've sat at a computer for a week. Right now I'm in MN at St. Olaf University. I've been here for a week for a conference on worship, theology, and art, or something like that. It's been a fabulous week for me. I've worked with some great choral conductors and learned a ton. My choir will know I've been here because of all of the "fun" things we'll try this fall. It's been a major respite for me. No "eat 3 more bites", cleaning, or cooking. I just ate whatever the cafeteria had and sent my plates back to the kitchen. What a way to live. Now I remember what it's like to be a kid when your parents do everything for you. In all seriousness though, it's been a fabulous week. St. Olaf is absolutely gorgeous and the weather has been perfect. The best part though has been worship. We had worship every day morning and evening, except today's was only one mid morning since today was the last day. We worked our way from Pentecost to Easter. There is nothing so joyful as worshiping with a couple hundred music people, or pastors, etc. You know how great it's going to be when the first night the organ is pounding and everyone breaks into spontaneous four part harmony on the hymn. WOW! Anyways, I'm here for another day, one of my colleagues is doing an extra conference tonight and tomorrow so we'll all head home tomorrow. I don't know how she'll do it, I'm ready for an extra 24 hours of down time before driving home.
I took a few pictures so I'll try to post something when I get home.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Beth, it sounds awesome. I wish I was with you. Hurry home though because we are trying to get a Wisconsin trip planned before school starts and we need to chat :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun! I just spent a week away at a writing seminar and had a great time but yeah -- my reader is a scary place right now :P