Monday, July 7, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday #4



This tackle is a continuation of my tackle #3. We spent the weekend finishing Alex's new room. It turned out great! We put up a shelf and got him a new bookcase. After I spent a bunch of time sorting out whose books belong to who and got them all moved. Of course we had one major incident. I went to bring up his bean bag chair and when I picked it up I discovered that the cat or cats were peeing on it while we were on vacation. It was totally gross as was the carpet underneath. Thank God we have a steam cleaner so we can get the carpet really clean.
Above is the shelf and bookshelves, I also put a new pull cord on the curtains so he can open them himself. Before they were cut high so the cats couldn't get them.
You'l notice the picture of the house. That is my grandparents old house. The frame matches the color really well and for now this is the best place to put it. But he also has his space poster.
We also put up cork boards so he could hang up some of his artwork. Very important in our family. He loves his new room and I'm really pleased with how well it turned out.
I also spent all day going through the kids school papers and artwork. I had it all in a couple of big boxes, but I've lost the place where I was keeping the boxes so I went through them all and put them in smaller boxes.
I also went through all of the papers that were piled on the floor from when we got our new desk. I pitched a huge garbage bag full including a ton of instruction books or toys and appliances that we no longer have. In the process I got rid of all of my Pampered Chef papers (from 8 years ago) and now we have 2 file drawers instead of 4. A good thing since we need to get rid of one filing cabinet to make room for more bookselves. We just have so many books. Another tackle for another day. It seems like the list never gets smaller. For every one that I finish there a 3 more waiting to be tackled. Anyways have a great day and I promise vacation pics and posts starting tomorrow!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy your ambitious. Right after I get home from vacation I unpack and then I chill for 3 or 4 days and do nothing. :)

Deb said...

Looks great! I still need to go through all of Abby's school papers - there are just so many of them that it's a daunting task. :)

bethn said...

Hi summer, You know I'm not sure if it's ambition or the fact that we vacation at my mom and dad's by the lake and we spend lots of time relaxing. Also, my mom's house is very clean so it makes me notice the huge messes in my own house.

Kristi said...

How is Dylan dealing with having Alex out of his room? Does Alex sleep with the lights on or off? Great job with the tackle.

Audra Krell said...

Alex's room looks great! What fun you must have had getting everything cleaned up, organized and displayed. Your list did get shorter, so enjoy your success at your great tackle!

The Apron Queen said...

You go girl! Great tackle! :D

I'm tackling My Bucket List and a great giveaway. Pop on over to check it out: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/search/label/bucket%20list

Today's Bucket List item was Kiss the Most Beautiful Girl in the World!