Last night was picture night at school. We find out teachers, get fundraiser stuff, do pictures, check for headlice, sign up for PTA, and pick up the toolboxes.
So we found out the teachers, ALex has a new teacher, although she came from another school that closed with all the moving around in the school district this year. He adjusts well to whatever comes at him.
Dylan's teacher was one we had requested, although not our first request. His friend C is also in his class and they are so excited to be together. It's going to be rough for all the boys this year. They are all split to 1 or 2 of them in each K class. They're going to miss each other since they all got along so well. Dylan is now officially VERY nervous about school. I'm a little nervous for him, too. They got rid of the jitters program because most of the kids go to 4K, but in 4K they get met at the bus and escorted to their class by an older student. In Kindergarten they get off the bus, go to the playground, when the bell rings have to find their line, and go into the school. Not bad if they know where the line is and have practised before, but now they don't get to practise. The first day is the first time they do it all by themselves. Thank heavens for big brothers!
As for me, I'm really ready for school to start. Although I could have done without the hour and a half that I just spent filling out forms. I even copy them all each year to speed up the process. It saves looking up all the info, but there are just so darned many of them.
At least I don't have to school supply shop. We ordered toolboxes last spring and everything came in these nice little boxes. Labeled for grade and with stickers to label everything already made. 
It even came with the disinfectant wipes and kleenex that they needed.
Life certainly doesn't get better than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment