And there I go, hanging on for dear life. Good thing I have on sunglasses or you'd see that my eyes were squeezed very, did I say very tightly closed.
Mark on the other hand had no fear. Check out this self portrait.
I think this suspension bridge was the worst part. You had to look down, since the boards wern't evenly spaced. It was also just a little wiggly. Yikes!
After 8 ziplines, we went to a little swimming hole with a waterfall. I actually jumped off the cliff into the water. Another major hurdle. It took me quite a while to work up the courage. Then I was quick to get out. Brian, Marcella and Mark enjoyed the water for a little bit longer.
The last zipline was the highest, hardest to get to and 1200 feet long. It was also a double one so we went as couples.
This picture is Brian and Marcella on their way down.
It seems so far to the landing platform. Oh, and I beat Mark to the platform.
It was quite a day, full of firsts for all of us. I don't know if I could say that I had fun, but I'm proud of myself for doing it and not letting my fear stop me.
So now I think I've covered most of our trip. It was a great time and we loved every moment of it. Especially getting to spend some wonderful time with family.
2 comments:
Hi Beth! This looks terrifying! I can't believe you tried this - good for you! I have been enjoying keeping up with your family on your site. You do such a great job documenting all the fun things you guys have been doing. It was great to see some pics of your Mom, Dad and brother - tell them I say Hi!
Those pictures are awesome. you are braver than I my friend. Although, the John Ball Zoo just got one and I am indeed tempted to try it.
Post a Comment