Thursday, September 4, 2008

School Days, School Days




Well here he is, my big 1st grader on his first day of school.
Doesn't he look excited. Actually he was and still is extremely excited about being in 1st grade. He gets his own desk, and has "real" schoolwork (his word, not mine)
So far he's come home from school each day full of excitement about all of the things he's done. Me, I'm missing him bunches while he's gone, but I'll get used to it.
Now we have another major milestone, Dylan gets on the bus with his big brother to go to his first day of 4K. Yes, at 4 he's going to ride on the bus with all of the other kids. I would be lying if I didn't say I was a little nervous about that. The bus comes at 8:15 and by 8:16 I'm figuring I'll be a basket case and by 9:00 I'll be at a friends house for "Mimosas for Mommies". A chance to celebrate all of the kids being back in school. And to be with other moms who are missing their kids. I"m not ready for this!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Hannah was 4 when she started riding the bus last year for Young Fives. I was really nervous about it, but she did great - and I'm sure that Dylan will too. Congrats on a great first week for your big first grader! :)

Kristi said...

I love being able to drive the boys to school every day and would struggle putting them on the bus.

I love the idea of "Mimosas for Moms" What fun.