Saturday, July 31, 2010

Storm Chaos



This is what our front yard looked like on Thursday night. Mark sent this to me at 7:30 at St. Olaf. This caused a ton of stress and worry from me. Gosh I wonder why.








This is one of the shots of the wet carpet.

Then here we have the carpet being pulled away from the walls.






Here is my workroom starting to get filled up.







You can see how wet the floor was once Mark pulled up the carpet. At this point the floor was very wet and the basement was quite smelly.































Here we have the start of the trimming. We figured that if we had to move everything out and were getting new carpet we might as well paint. The color looks scarily purple at this point, but it gets bluer as it dries. (Ihope)
























Here are some pictures of what my workroom looks like now. It is piled to the gills with all of the stuff from the other room. I can't wait to get our spaces back. At this point we are waiting.


We hope to finish painting this weekend. Mark is going to roll the first coat tonight. After church tomorrow I'll trim the 2nd coat and he'll roll the 2nd coat. Fortunately that goes faster the second time around.




On Thursday the pool table is getting moved out and the carpet is getting laid. Then we can start moving furniture back in and I can start to figure out what the heck is piled all over my space.
I'm so looking forward to having our spaces back.






































No comments: