So, here I am at st. olaf in Northfiled Minnesota for my 5 day conference on worship, theology and the arts. Now I'm warning you that these posts are entirely for my benefit. It's mostly to give me a way to record my thougts. Although mom, you might like some of the stuff I post.
Today we started out with a worship for advent. Wow! I think that's my favorite part of coming here, all of the different ways to worship. The hymns were ! Then we ended with Once in Royal David's City, one of my favorite hymns.
Then for tonight's worship we had a praise band. They were really good? We started in 4 part harmony a capella on Wait for the Lord. Absolutely breathtaking! On a couple of hymns the organ played along with the band. What a fun experience. Then we ended with Come, Thou LOng Expected Jesus. The organist started us and then it went to the band with organ in the background. We ended the hymn a capella and then went right into the Doxology also a capella. How amazing! What more can you expect when you're worshiping with hundreds of church musicians, pastors, etc.
Of course we also had one plenary session, dinner, and got settled into our dorm room. A busy day and now I"m going to sleep!
Well, I wrote this on MOnday, but have been having technical difficulties ever since. Tomorrow I'll post more.
No comments:
Post a Comment