Brag alert!!!
Last night was Dylan's conference and I was expecting to hear a mix of good and bad. Things he needed to work on as well as what he's doing well at. I was so wrong. He got a glowing report from his teacher. She said he's a hard worker, very caring and helpful, pays attention, and is a general delight to have in the classroom. My Dylan. Wow was I surprised.
Not that I don't love Dylan to pieces, but really he gives me a hard time all the time. He's doing a special reading program on the computer and loves it. He's also making great strides in his reading. (Yipee!) She also said she hasn't seen him get frustrated and fight tears in a long time. He just gets right to work. She showed us some early writing and some current, what a huge difference. He's doing so well.
She also showed us his MAP testing results, 100% on consonants and 90% on vowels. Since he's doing so well on the reading one, she's going to move him on to math early.
We also got to see some of his writer's workshop papers. The one he did this week was of his "babe brudr" now when I read it I immediately thought baby brother, but I thought WHAT! Well he was writing about Cole, but couldn't figure out how to write cousin so baby brother worked. The best part though was that he came up with the words and wrote them on his own. I love the unique spelling of kindergarten writing.
I am so very proud of Dylan right now. What an amazing report! I figured it was good to brag on him for a change since I'm usually talking about all the things he drives me crazy with. My boys growing up.
1 comment:
Awesome job Dylan! Cole will be excited to hear his cousin was thinking of him!
Post a Comment