Oh my goodness, Dylan is really becoming a big kid. I'm so proud of him. He's learning to cope with his sensory issues without a fuss. Early this week he was making his bed in the dark and I asked if he wanted the light on. He said yes so I turned it on. He immediately squeezed his eyes shut and I was just waiting for the hissy fit to start. You know the normal reaction. I asked if he wanted the light back off and he said, "It's ok. I"ll get used to it."
I'll get used to it!!!! Really, I'll get used to it. I was totally blown away. He's never not freaked out when the light came on. What a huge step forward.
My other big story about Dylan is another, wow he's growing up moment. It starts with missing sweat pants. I make sure he always has 3 pairs of sweatpants so I don't have to do laundry every other day if I don't want to. Well, a couple weeks ago one of his new pairs of sweatpants went missing. I was going crazy trying to figure out what the heck happened to those sweat pants. Then one day he came home from school wearing his old sweats with the big holes in the knees. I knew I didn't remember him wearing them to school in the morning, but figured I just hadn't looked that closely. So, I pitched the old sweats that night and kept looking for his other new pair.
Now, Wednesday he comes home from school wearing the missing sweatpants. Boy was I confused. When I asked him where they came from he said, "my backpack". What?! And he tells me he had another accident at school and changed pants. I"m thinking another accident, when was the first?
It turns out that he had an accident a couple of weeks ago, changed into his old sweats from his backpack. Then, when he got home he put the wet pants in the laundry and put a new pair of sweats in the ziplock in his backpack. I"m thinking, ooohhh so that's wear the missing sweats were hiding.
I was so blown away that he thought to put new clothes in his bag all by himself. He is growing up so fast.
1 comment:
Thats so great! Sounds like he is really taking to being a big kid at school!
Post a Comment