Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Eve

Well, it's New Year's Eve and we have an exciting night planned. Ok, so maybe not. But then it's never very exciting here for New Year's.

We started out by letting the boys eat an appetizers dinner. Well, fresh veggies chips.

Then Dylan stole dad's new Sudoku book and started working the puzzles. He solved 2 last night and another this morning. Pretty amazing for a 6 year old.



By 9:00 dad and Alex were playing Chess. Alex got a set for Christmas that tells how each piece moves. Dad's teaching him how to play and helping Dylan with sudoku at the same time. Me, I'm just sitting and watching since I can't play chess and I'm lousy at sudoku.




At 11;00 the fade begins, both boys are starting to feel the effects of a long day.









And here it is 11:15 and they're both out cold. Guess they didn't make it this year. Although I did promise I would wake them at midnight, never easy.


Well, I got Alex awake, sort of. Does he look it?












And Dylan is still out.


















Okay maybe if I push him with my foot he'll wake up. Here it's 11:58 and I've been calling his name, shaking him, and tickling him for 10 minutes. The closest we came to awake was half open eyes and a mumble.



























Happy New Year from the Nadolski! We hope 2011 is all you wish for.










1 comment:

Kristi said...

Happy New year! Noah got one of those sets last summer and we spent a lot of time playing. Enough to earn him his chess belt loop for scouts which was pretty cool. Steve and I decided last night that we will probably let next year be the first year we let the boys try to wait out midnight.