They had a bunch of tortoises. There were 30 in this area. Talk about an I spy hunt.
They had 10 bald eagles. 6 of which are unable to be released because they have injuries that prevent it. Several are blind or have wing deformities and can't fly.
These birds are golden pheasants? I can't quite remember the names of them.
There were also a couple of bobcats and 2 red foxes. They are so cute.
This is their signature bald eagle. She is completely blind and tame, so they take her to do shows whenever they travel.
The boys had a great time and I learned some new things about the different animals. Then it was home and a quick game of mini golf, some time at the park, a few bike rides and an early dinner. Today it's raining and much cooler so the boys are watching their new Easter movie, UP and I'm watching the Price is Right while I do this and get some work done. Tomorrow is supposed to clear up, although it will still be cool. Who knows what the plan is yet. We'll see what grandma and grandpa have planned.
No comments:
Post a Comment